The Micro Ingredient Advantage
At Automated Process Equipment Corporation (APEC) we believe that an effective micro ingredient system (MIS) will help increase efficiency, reduce costs, provide better track ability and inventory control, and contribute to a safer work environment and general plant safety.
Because the FDA on an annual basis inspects all plants regularly, and these inspections are unannounced, it is vital to have your records up-to-date and accurate. A solid micro ingredient system is fundamental to achieving and maintaining this necessary data record.
It isn’t just helpful in a regulatory situation—implementing a micro ingredient system along with our ingredient automation system into your current processes can also help you monitor supplies and strengthen ingredient traceability, ultimately improving your efficiencies and profitability.
The APEC Micro Ingredient System is designed to achieve accurate weighing of your ingredients time after time. Our offerings include both gain in weight and loss in weight systems, in order to assist in accuracy and also to control ingredient batch weighing.
Benefits of APEC’s Micro Ingredient Systems
One of the main benefits to consider when looking at our micro ingredient systems is that they are built to save you money over the long-haul:
- They help eliminate labor costs by cutting back on the number of employees necessary to input ingredients.
- They protect workers by limiting their exposure to ingredients.
- Newer systems are much easier to maintain than old ones.
- They can be scaled to fit your unique available space.
Over the 20 plus years we’ve been in business, APEC has made several key improvements to our micro ingredient systems, including:
- Rectangular bins with chamfered corners (meaning no sharp corners for material to stick to)
- Pneumatic clean out enhancement on the scale tub & insures no product carry over
- Tight bin cluster takes up less of your valuable floor space
- Polished stainless steel scale hopper designed for better clean out
- Test weight hangers for ease of calibration
- Optional TSS feeders provide repeatable accuracy to 0.01 lbs.
- Removable 6 or 10 cu. Ft. capacity stainless steel bins with hinged and gasketed covers
- Stainless steel feeder screws with variable pitched flighting
- Power cords with twist lock plugs
- Control panel mounted on the frame and completely wired at the factory, includes AC inverter, motor contactors, overload, PLC for two speed operation, and two speed control MMI on the panel for individual feeder control
- Tubular frame with telescoping legs
- Roll over scale tub or optional indexing scale vessel
- Compact through floor design or optional walk between bins
- Bin extensions to increase capacity
- Bin inventory (bins on load cells)
- Electric bin lid locks
- 50 Hz motors
- Food grade finish
- Explosion proof motors
- Dust collection pick up point
- Feeder shut off gate
- Mechanical agitation
- Vibratory feeders
- Barcode ingredient confirmation
- Loss in Weight operation
- Various auger sizes
- Custom configurations
- Hopper style scale hopper
Learn More About APEC’s Micro Ingredient System By Calling Today
Do you have questions, or just want to learn more about APEC’s Micro Ingredient Systems, and how they can help you to create a superior product?
Call our office today, at (616) 374-1000 to speak to our team directly, request a quote, or simply request more information here.